Importance of Getting Reviews.
As I explained in our How To Get On The Google Map Guide, one of the factors that contributes to getting your law firm to the top of the Google maps rankings is having online reviews of your company.
Generally speaking, companies with reviews tend to rank better than companies that don’t. This means your online reviews can make a real difference for the success of your company, not just because of the impact it has on your Google ranking, but because great reviews help you develop trust with potential clients.
It is crucial that your reviews are from real people. Do not spam the reviews by setting up fake profiles to increase your number of reviews. Google looks at the reviewer profiles when considering their impact on your rankings. If you have a number of reviews from new accounts at your ip address they will not help your rankings.
You need to have a strategy in place where you can get reviews from real people.
Our Strategy to Get Online Reviews for Your Law Firm
1) Create a List
The first thing you should do is create a list of all your past clients, close associates, friends and all the people who know about you and your work.
2) Contact Past Clients
Create an email to send them. Something along the lines of:
“Here at ‘Your Company’ we thank you for letting us represent you throughout the years.
We are currently in the process of trying to increase our internet marketing efforts and as part of this we need online reviews of our company.
As a past user of our services it would really mean a lot if you could take a minute to write us a review on either Google, Yell or a website of your choice. It would really be a great help.
To write a review, please click the link below. We appreciate your time.
This should help get you started and give you a boost to your number of online reviews.
3) Request New Reviews
The next step is to make sure you have process whereby you request reviews from your new clients. There are a number of ways you can do this.
- Review Request Cards. One way to get reviews is by printing off business cards which contain a link where they can submit a review. You can print out or order business cards that say:
“Thank you for choosing ‘our company’. If you are pleased with our service, we would love to get your feedback. Please take a moment to write us a review. Add link.”
- Emails. We prefer a process whereby you collect clients’ emails and send a message via email after you have concluded working with them. This way they can easily click the link and provide the review there and then.
- We suggest that you either create an email template to send out or have a online form set up where you can enter their name and email address and an email will be immediately sent out. These are easy to set up and send out. An example email is:
“Thank you for choosing ‘our company’, we really appreciated the opportunity to serve you. Here at ‘our company’ we strive to provide 100% customer satisfaction’. If you feel we didn’t deliver that, please let us know. If you were pleased with our service, we would be very grateful if you could share it with others by visiting one of these websites and writing us a review.”
We find that the best way to add a link to write a review is to setup a page on your website such as www.yourcompany.co.uk/reviews and include that link at the end of the email. Here you can have links to your company’s Google+, Yell, Yelp, Linkedin pages. Some people don’t have Google+ accounts and are unlikely to set one up just to write a review and may prefer to write a review on a more familiar website. The key thing is to have options.
4) Now That You’ve Got Reviews
- Respond. Reply to positive reviews and thank them for their comments. Also it’s very important to respond to negative reviews. A negative review can actually improve a potential client’s impression of you if you handle it in the right manner and respond with a statement that highlights your company’s desire for customer satisfaction, such as:
“Thank you for your feedback, we are very sorry that you feel this way. We will get in touch as soon as possible to discuss how we can make this right.”
- Inform. Tell everybody associated with your company about reviews. Explain the importance of receiving good reviews and giving good customer service.
- Widgets. You can add a widget to your site that will import your reviews. By doing this you can showcase your positive reviews to anyone who visits your site.
Start Landing More Clients